Austrade takes the issue of privacy very seriously, including user interactions with its image library.
When a user provides information to Austrade through this image library – such as registering as a user of the library, searching or ordering items.
- Does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information externally without the user's knowledge or consent, nor collect any information without the user's knowledge or consent.
- Attempts to store information as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely by authorised Austrade staff for the purposes of:
- Analysing the effectiveness of the image library to improve its usefulness and service;
- Processing orders
- Checking use of library items
- Processing a request or feedback by a user.
Austrade staff who operate the library, or have access to any user information related to it, are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988.